We are now living in an era where being physically fit is not just for men but for women as well. In fact, women are now more inclined to perform physical activities that will challenge them in the most beneficial way. You can find out how women with abs achieve their six-pack on this website. Additionally, the help and advice of a personal trainer play a vital role in keeping away body fat and maintaining a healthy body with killer abs.
Things to Remember in Getting Abs
Getting the perfect abs doesn’t just happen overnight. It takes time, dedication, passion, and discipline before you can achieve a strong and toned core. So if you want that picture-perfect photo to show your sexy, fit, and strong body on Instagram, understand the most important things to remember in working out.
- It’s a combined workout that includes other exercises aside from sit-ups. Your personal trainer can explain this to you thoroughly, but to cut to the chase, women with abs do not get their core strength by just doing curl-ups and crunches. It involves other physical activities as well.
- Getting abs doesn’t have to stress you out. A six-pack is achievable with a consistent workout and a healthy diet. This means that you do not have to push yourself to the maximum intensity all the time. Remember that sometimes it’s not about working hard but rather, working right!
- Don’t let the body fat stop you! At first, you will probably get demotivated to exercise due to self-esteem related reasons. But this should not hinder you from achieving your fitness goals. Having a personal trainer will help you overcome your issues so you can focus on your aim.
- Core strengthening is different from aerobic exercises that deal with heart rate. Heart rate is often monitored with cardio exercises which focus on strengthening the cardiovascular and respiratory system.
- Stick to your workout plan until you achieve your wanted abs. Changing from one fitness plan to another will affect the results of the workout. If you are planning on getting a six-pack, the best way to achieve it is by consistently following your abs workout plan.
- Never forget, “no pain, no gain”, it’s gonna be a hard and long journey most especially if you are dealing with excess body fat. But do not be discouraged because your hard work will definitely pay off. Keep track of your progress to keep yourself motivated to keep pushing forward.
- Eat foods that are rich in protein. Protein can help your body recover quickly and it also helps in regulating muscle mass. Apart from this, protein also helps in decreasing body fat, come to think of it, it’s a win-win situation!
- Decrease your sugar and processed food intake. These kinds of food will slow down your progress and might even cause a delay in achieving your abs goals. If possible, refrain from drinking soda, sweets, canned goods, and the likes as these will only decelerate the process of burning fats. Switch to foods that are high in fiber instead, fiber is a good source of nutrients and it reduces body fat as well.
Exercises of Women With Abs
The reason why you want to achieve a killer six-pack will affect your attitude towards your workout plan. Prior to engaging in an abs workout routine, it would be better to reflect on your fitness plans and think about why it’s important for you to be physically healthy. This way, you can always remind yourself that you are doing this for your own benefit and that this is essential in keeping your mental and physical health in good shape.
Listed below are some of the most effective core strengthening exercises that your personal trainer will probably ask you to do:
- Reverse crunch. This exercise strengthens the six-pack muscle in full force. It emphasizes the lower part of the abdominals and it can be an effective exercise to lose belly fats. This is a sure way to get that toned abs you’ve been aiming for. To perform a reverse crunch exercise, simply lie straight on the floor, lift your legs high while keeping your knees bent. Press your back into the mat and curl your knees to your chest, make sure to incorporate your hips as you lift it up from the ground.
- Bear crawl. The bear crawl is an exercise that engages major muscle groups including the core. This exercise utilizes almost all muscles in the body, which means that you are not only strengthening your core but your back, shoulders, chest, and glutes as well. Simply lie in a kneeling position, lean your upper body forward, place your palms flat on the floor, and crawl like a bear. Put the force in your toes and make sure that your knees are not touching the ground as you crawl.
- Sit-ups. Our list would not be complete without sit-ups. This is the most common and well-known exercise for the core muscles. This exercise is a good way to strengthen the entire core muscles and improve the muscle mass in the abdominals and hips. To perform sit-ups, lie on your back and bend your knee, lift your upper body but keep your lower body steady. Make sure to engage your abdominals every time you sit up and down. Visit bestspinbikeaustralia.com.au for a spin bike and get your hips in excellent condition.
- Planking. Planking is a good way to improve your posture and strengthen your abdominal muscles and spine. It helps in getting rid of back pain and is considered to be one of the best exercises for women who want to get abs. To start, sit in a kneeling position, extend your arms and press it against the floor. Keep your legs and body straight, make sure that you are engaging your abdominals while you are in a steady position for at least 60 seconds.
- Crunches. Doing crunches is a popular exercise routine for people who are aiming to get a six-pack. Just like sit-ups, it strengthens the lower abdominals including the lower back muscles. To do crunches, lie your back on the floor, bend your knees and plant your feet on the ground, you can place your arms on your chest or you can place it at the back of your head. Engage your core as you lift your upper body halfway.
- Flutter kicks. This exercise can enhance the shape of your lower body. Women with abs often execute this exercise to their routine to strengthen their core and tone their lower body. It’s like swimming on your back on a dry surface. To perform flutter kicks, lie on your back, lift your legs up about 15cm from the ground, and simultaneously move your legs up and down. Remember to keep them both straight and do not forget to engage your core.
- L-sit. To develop their mid-body stability and strength, women with abs also include L-sit into their workout routine. This exercise works on plenty of muscle groups like triceps, quads, lats, and hip flexors. To perform L-sit, sit on the floor in an L position, keep your leg, arm, and back straight. Now place your palm flat on the floor and lift your entire body for a good 10 seconds.
There is nothing wrong with showing your interest to gain a bikini-ready body. Getting abs can be a challenging journey but it sure will help any female to feel more confident about their bodies.