Andrew Grant said, “You never get a second chance to make a first impression.” Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. A great one leaves a great first impression. A poor one will leave them talking about you and not in a good way.
Having a great smile with bad teeth is difficult. Specialized orthodontists in Bondi can help resolve the following issues:
● Speech impairments
● Bite issues – overbite, underbite, crossbite, open bite.
● Jaw joint and muscle strain
How Do Orthodontic Treatments Work?
Orthodontic treatment options involve the use of either fixed or removable appliances. An orthodontist can only remove fixed instruments. Removable devices can be put in and taken out as needed by the person wearing them. The specific condition being treated as well as the seriousness of it ultimately determines which one the orthodontist chooses to use.
Fixed appliances include:
● Braces – help with crooked or crowded teeth, bite issues and incorrect jaw position and disorders of the jaw joints.
● Especially fixed instruments – help to stop bad habits that push teeth out of alignment like thumb sucking.
● Fixed space maintainers – help to keep a tooth space open when a baby tooth is lost too early.
Removable appliances include:
● Aligners – offer a discrete alternative to conventional braces.
● Jaw repositioners – Used to fix temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ) by helping train the jaw to close in a more optimal position.
● Lip and cheek bumpers – Keeps lip and cheek muscles from applying too much pressure to teeth.
● Palatal expanders – help create more space for teeth to fit better.
● Removable retainers – used to keep teeth from moving
● Headgear – used to realign the upper or lower jaw and teeth.
They say “You never get a second chance to make a first impression.” Visit an orthodontist today if your smile needs help.