As we age, the occurrence of wrinkles become inevitable. What makes it even more frustrating is that it takes place in the most visible areas in our faces. Fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes, mouth, and cheeks often start in adulthood. Fortunately, wrinkle removal has started to emerge, and procedures like lip wrinkle treatment and chemical peel have dominated the cosmetic industry. Several clinics are now offering different kinds of filler injected to reduce wrinkles and signs of aging.
Causes of Lip Wrinkle
It may be unnoticeable but our lips are accumulating wrinkles overtime. This may be due to lifestyle and unhealthy habits. Wrinkles around the face often start to appear at the age of 25. Fine lines are starting to be noticeable and signs of aging are starting to emerge afterward.
Lip wrinkles or sometimes called lip or smoker lines are the tiny upright lines that can be seen on the surface of the lips. These wrinkles in the lips are hard to cover and pretty much adds up in making you look older than you actually were. Although this is a common condition that almost everyone is experiencing, some fine lines in the lips are too deep and too dark making it very unpleasant in the eye.
When you reach the age of 20, your body will start to produce less collagen which makes the skin thinner and less elastic. The skin on our lips is no exception, the used to be puffed up and the plumptious lip of yours will start to deflate, hence, resulting in lip wrinkle.
Dryness also contributes to the build-up of wrinkles around the face. Cold weather is generally a huge factor that affects the production of natural oils in our skin. These oils are important in keeping our skin moisturized and healthy, when the face and lips get dry, fine lines will follow through.
Wrinkles on top of the lips are caused by habitual facial expressions and frequent use of straws. It usually appears on people (even though they are 25 and below) who smoke a lot and consistently.
Lip Wrinkle Treatment
There are several ways to treat lip wrinkles at home, but professional services can provide more adequate results. Home treatments will only give minimal effects and you might not be satisfied with the overall outcome.
Here are some of the aesthetic services for wrinkle treatment that professionals commonly offer:
- Laser treatment. The objective of this treatment is to remove the top layer of the skin to reveal younger-looking skin. Lasers can tighten the skin and is most effective in removing wrinkles around the mouth, nose, and eyes. It has a long-lasting effect which can make you look 5 to 10 years younger.
- Chemical peel. Just like laser procedure, this wrinkle treatment also targets the outer layer of the skin to give way to the fresher skin underneath. Apart from this, it also helps in minimizing acne scars, freckles, and blemishes. it’s particularly effective in treating wrinkles above the lip. The result varies on the type of chemical peel that’s used and its intensity.
- Microneedling. One of the most modern wrinkle treatment that takes the cosmetic industry by storm is microneedling. This treatment does not only reduce wrinkles but also revives the production of skin collagen to make the skin look refreshed. It has skin tightening effects that are helpful in making your skin appear youthful.
- Dermabrasion. Dermabrasion is a kind of facial treatment that sucks out the top layer of the skin with the use of a device with crystal tips. This is a moderate yet effective procedure that may require several appointments to come up with the desired results.
- Vampire facial (platelet-rich plasma). To reduce fine lines, this procedure takes a small amount of blood from the client which will be used to trigger the production of natural collagen. Your blood cells will be infused with a solution from your own platelets and it will be injected into the lip or face.
- Derma fillers. Derma fillers are generally safe and effective. In this treatment, your lip will be injected with a solution infused with hyaluronic acid to reduce the appearance of lip lines and make it look fuller and plumper. It may not have extreme changes but the effects are definitely distinguishable at the first session. Hyaluronic acid fillers can last for 6 months or longer and are gradually absorbed by the skin. All dermal fillers are composed of different ingredients but hyaluronic acid can be found in all of them.
- Botox. Botox is probably one of the oldest tricks to fight signs of aging. This is a very efficient method to treat wrinkles around the lip. People often resort to botox to conceal fine lines all over the face. It can also be used by dentists for jaw disorder issues.
Not all lip wrinkle treatment is suitable or effective for everyone. Make sure to consult a highly-skilled professional to help you decide and come up with the safest and most effective procedure for you. Remember that our skin reacts distinctively to different treatments.
Preventing wrinkles from happening is going to be quite a challenge since this naturally takes place as we get older. However, there are several prevention steps that you can do in order to fend off its early occurrence.
To prevent lip wrinkles, it would be much better if you stop using straws regularly, pouting your lips to sip causes lip lines and when this becomes a habit, lip wrinkles will be more visible. If you are a smoker, find a way to quit smoking immediately, aside from the fact that it doesn’t have any positive contribution to your health, it also makes your skin look older and dry.
Antioxidants can also help you maintain young and glowing skin. Keep your lips wrinkle-free by eating foods that are rich in antioxidants and fine lines will definitely appear a little later than expected. Foods like berries, broccoli, spinach, and carrots are some of the examples of antioxidants.
Always use a moisturizer. Keeping yourself moisturized is the main secret to wrinkle prevention. Adding moisturizer to your skincare regimen will save you from face and lip wrinkle catastrophe. Apply this to your face and lips from time to time most especially if you are outdoors.
Live healthily. That means that in whatever you do, you have to consider if it has negative effects on your skin and body. A balanced diet, regular exercise, and a healthy lifestyle all contribute to your overall appearance. Lip wrinkles and lines in the face mostly occur to people who have poor lifestyles and unhealthy habits.
Keep away from the sun as much as possible. Sun can evidently damage your skin and destroy the natural minerals that protect your skin from harm. The UV rays coming from the sun has the ability to expose your skin to atoms that can cause wrinkles. Book a consultation with an experienced practitioner to find out what to do with your skin and wrinkles.